|Dr. Shekhar regularly publishes, attends and speaks at international, national and regional conferences.
Selected International Meetings & Lectures:
|Dr. Shekhar Agarwal and his team have published a Paper in the Journal of Arthroplasty, one of the most prestigious international journals for joint replacement surgery. Its publication also indicates the relevance of knee and hip replacement surgery in India. At Delhi Institute of Trauma & Orthopaedics, Sant Parmanand Hospital, Dr. Shekhar Agarwal and his team are committed to ensuring they remain at the forefront of joint replacement technology and surgical practices.
|International Meetings & Lectures
|Regional Hip and knee meeting Leg length real and perceived (LLD)
||Seoul , South Korea
|3rd AO Asia- Pacific Experts Seminar – MIPO LCP Humerus Cases
|Asia Pacific Meeting Periprosthetic Fracture of the Hip
|Hip Advisory Group Meeting
|AO Masters Course, Trauma
|Revision TKR, Revision THR management Options
|Bone Defects in Revision TKR, Primary THR & Femoral Revision
|Intelligence, Hip Surgery Course
|Soft Tissue Release
|Current Concepts Joint Replacement
||Las Vegas, USA
Selected National Meetings & Lectures:
|National Lectures Given
|AO Trauma Advance Course
|Primary Knee Course
|Revision Master Class
|Revision Total Hip Replacement
|Surgical Seminar on M/L Taper with Kinective
|Management of Bone defects in TKR
|Fourth Joint Replacement State of Art Meeting Hip and Knee Arthroplasty
|Live Surgery THR; Protrusio Hip; Mgt of Infection
|Periprosthetic Fracture of the hip & knee
|Periprothetic Fractures of the hip
|ML Kinectiv Hip
- Immediate weight bearing in a cast brace following nailing in femoral shaft fractures. Indian J. Orthopaedics 19:2, 1985, Agarwal, S., Potukuchi A.P., Dhaon B.K., and Das G.C.
- Tendinitis and tendon ruptures in Renal Transplant Recipients, March 1990 Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research, 1990 March; (252):270-5 Agarwal, S., Owen, R.
- Metastatic Chondrosarcoma of the brain-A Case Report. Annals of Saudi Medicine Vol 12: 307-308, 1992 Ashraf Jallu, Imaduddin Kanaan, Shekhar Agarwal.
- Brucellosis in a Bilateral Total Knee Replacement : Brief Report. Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research, 1991 Jun; (267): 179-81, Agarwal, S.,Kadhi, S.K. and Rooney, R.J.
- Hydatid Bone Disease. Report of 2 cases and review of Literature. Clinical Orthopaedics & Related Research. 1992 Jul; (280): 251-5, Agarwal S, Shah A, Kadhi SK, Rooney RJ.
- 6. Formalin Preserved Allogenic Bone Graft: Does it work. Indian Journal of Orthopaedics , Vol 37: Number 4, October 2003. S Sinha , V Mittal, B Singh, S Agarwal .
- Inflatable Self Locking Intramedullary Nailing in the Management of Long Bone Diahpyseal Fractures. Delhi Journal of Orthopaedics, Vol 3: Number 79, 2007.Amit Kumar, Shekhar Srivastav, Vivek Mittal, Shekhar Agarwal.
- Total Hip Arthroplasty Following Failed Fixation of Proximal Hip Fractures. Indian Journal of Orthopaedics, Volume 42, Issue 3, Number279, July-September 2008. Shekhar Srivastav, Vivek Mittal, Shekhar Agarwal .
- Use of locking compression plates for long bone nonunions without removing existing intramedullary nail: review of literature and our experience. J Trauma. 2008 Aug;65(2):482-6. Nadkarni B, Srivastav S, Mittal V, Agarwal S.
- Private sector hospital response to 2003 dengue outbreak in Indian capital metropolis. American Journal of Infection Control 2004: 32:489-492. Arya SC, Rajagopal S, Agarwal N, Kaushik M, Maheshwari P, Agarwal S, Singh K, George S.
- Coxsackievirus A24 conjunctivitis outbreak in Indian Capital metropolis. Infectious Diseases in Clinical Practice 2004 ;12: 318-319. Khare S, Arya SC, Agarwal N, Dhull VK, Shah HK, Agarwal I, Jain P, Agarwal R, Anand R, Bajaj R, Lohia Y, Lal S, Agarwal S.
- Nosocomial infection: hospital infection surveillance and control. Journal of Hospital Infection 2004 ;58:242-243. Arya SC, Agarwal N, Agarwal S, George S, Singh K.
- Use of Polymerase chain reaction to diagnose tubercular arthritis from joint tissue and synovial fluid. Archives of Pathology & Laboratory Medicine 2004 ;128:1326-1327. Arya SC, Agarwal N, Agarwal S.
- Varicella vaccine failure in an elementary school outbreak in Minnesota. Journal of Infectious Diseases 2005; 191:318-319. Arya SC, Agarwal S, Agarwal N.
- 15. Straightforward representation of antimicrobial chemotherapeutics susceptibility profiles in a private tertiary care hospital. Journal of Infection 2005; 51:333-335. Arya SC, Agarwal N, Agarwal S.
- Nosocomial urinary tract infection. Saudi Medical Journal 2005; 26:162. Arya SC, Agarwal N, Agarwal S.
- Evaluation of oxacillin and cefoxitin disk diffusion test for routine detection of Staphylococcus aureus. Saudi Medical Journal 2005;26:2009-2010. Arya SC Mehta LK, Mathai G, Agarwal BK, Agarwal S
- Nitrofurantoin: an effective and ignored antimicrobial. International Journal of Antimicrobial Agents 2006; 27:354-356. Arya SC, Agarwal N, Agarwal S.
- Re: A laboratory-based, hospital-wide, electronic marker for nosocomial infection. American Journal of Clinical Pathology 2006; 125:951-955. Arya SC, Agarwal N, Agarwal S.
- Pilot study comparing Amoxicillin-clavulanic acid resistant profiles employing to different assay disks in 50 isolates from a tertiary care hospital in India.Current Therapeutics Research 2006; 67:151-156. Arya SC, Agarwal N, Agarwal S
- Evaluating broad-spectrum antimicrobials. Quarterly Journal of Medicine 2006; 99:718-719. Arya SC, Agarwal N, Agarwal S
- Re: Reduction of broad-spectrum antibiotic use with computerized decision support in intensive care unit. International Journal for Quality in Health Care2006; 18: 389. Arya SC, Agarwal N, Agarwal S.
- Surveillance of antimicrobial susceptibility of urinary pathogens in a tertiary care hospital. Singapore Medical journal 2007; 48:270-271. Arya SC, Agarwal N, Agarwal S.
- Use of cefepime for the treatment of infections caused by extended spectrum β-lactamase-producing Klebsiella pneumoniae and Escherichia coli . Singapore medical Journal 2007; 48:600-601. Arya SC, Agarwal N, Solanki BS, Agarwal S.
- Re: Antibiotic resistance and trend of urinary pathogens in general outpatients from a major urban city. International Brazilian Journal of Urology 2007; 33:267-269. Arya SC, Agarwal N, Agarwal S.
- Re: Prevalence of hospital acquired infection in a Moroccan university hospital. American Journal of Infection Control 2007;000-000. Arya SC, Agarwal N, Agarwal S.
- Hospital acquired infection: Point prevalence or culture based surveillance. British Journal of Infection Control 2008;00-00. Arya SC, Agarwal N, Agarwal S
- Prophylactic use of antibiotic – loaded bone cement in primary total knee arthroplasty : Justified or not?Indian Journal of Orthopaedics Volume 43, Issue 3, Number 271, July-September 2009.Shekhar Agarwal
- Fixation of the subtrochanteric fracture in two patients of osteopetrosis by using distal femur Locking Compression Plate ( DF-LCP) of the contralateral side report of 2 cases.European Journal of Trauma & Emergency Surgery. June 2010, Volume 36, Issue 3, pp 263-269. Shekhar Agarwal, Amit Srivastav, Vivek Mittal, Shekhar Srivastav, Biren Nadkarni.
- Gender – specific high flexion knee prosthesis in Indian women : a prospective randomized study.Journal of Orthopaedic Surgery. 2012;20(2):153-6. Harjoban Singh, Vivek Mittel , Biren Nadkarni, Shekhar Agarwal, Divesh Gulati
- Minimal invasive plate osteosynthesis of comminuted fracture shaft humerus using locking compression plates.Journal of Orthopaedic Surgery. 2012;20(3):292-6. Sachit Malhan, Simon Thomas, Divesh Gulati,Vivek Mittal, Biren Nadkarni, Shekhar Srivastav, Shekhar Agarwal.
- Arthroscopic excision of subacromial osteochondroma causing impingement of shoulder in a patient with diaphyseal achalasia.Journal of Clinical Orthopaedics and Trauma. Volume 4, March 2013, pp 40-42. Simon Thomas, Shekhar Srivastav, Harjoban Singh, Sarang Shete, Mohit Bhargav, Shekhar Agarwal.
- Acute spontaneous atraumatic bilateral anterior dislocation of the shoulder joint with hill – sach’s lesion : A rare case.Journal of Orthopaedic Case Report. 2015 Jan – March : 5 (1) Page 55-57. Sachit Malhan, Shekhar Agarwal, Shekhar Srivastav, Harjoban Singh.
- MRI based Comparison of tibial bone coverage by five knee prosthesis : Anthropometric study in Indians.The Journal of Arthroplasty. September 2015 Volume 30, Issue 9, Pages 1643-1646. Sourabh Shah, Naresh Agarwal, Anuj Jain, Shekhar Arivastav, Simon Thomas, Shekhar Agarwal.
Click here to download the full list(PDF)