After the Conventional Total Hip operation few precautions need tobe ollowed strictly:
- Do not cross your leg.
- Do not bend the operated hip excessively.
- Do not twist the operated leg in or out.
- Do not roll or lie on un-operated side without pillow in between the legs.
- Do not squat or sit cross leg.
- Do not use Indian type commode.
Sitting cross leg and squatting after the surgery
You may be allowed to sit cross legged depending on your musclestrength and overall level of fitness. However, squatting is usually notadvised. Your doctor will let you know what is suitable for you.